This section covers how Auriga Products will deal with your personal data and payment information.
Points to note:
1. Auriga Products will never pass or sell your data outside of the Auriga Products companies except where that third party requires the data to provide order delivery or to provide communications as part of Auriga Products normal service.
3. Auriga Products does not process or store credit or debit card information on internal servers. All card payments are securely processed by our payment gateway provider(s).
4. When you place an order with Auriga Products, we will create a customer record where we will log transactions and communications with you. You can request for your data to be updated or deleted at any time.
1. Shopping Safely
We hope you enjoy the ease and convenience of shopping on this site. Your confidence in our website and your internet security is really important to us, so we’ve put together some advice to help keep you safe when you shop.
- Computer Security
- Data that we collect
- Cookies and IP Addresses
- How we use your data
- How we protect your data
1.1 Computer security
Keep yourself safe from malware and viruses with adequate, up to date security on your computer. You can usually download free basic protection from providers. Keep your software switched on and up to date, and make sure that your operating system has the latest updates. It’s a good idea to run regular scans on your computer. When you’re opening emails, be careful. Don’t click on links to download files or open attachments you haven’t asked for, or aren’t expecting, as they may contain viruses.
Back up all your files so they’re available if the worst happens and your computer is infected by a virus.
Auriga Products understands that many customers value their personal privacy and wish to ensure that any company who provides a service to them will also value their privacy. We therefore guarantee that we will not sell or pass your data to a third party outside Auriga Products, in the normal course of business, unless that third party requires the data to provide you with your order for delivery or in the course of communicating with you as a customer. As part of our customer charter we will process your personal data fairly and lawfully.
1.3 Data that we collect
To enable us to process your order we will ask you to provide personal details such as:
No Credit Card numbers are held on our Sites or on the associated back-office systems used by us to process your orders. For future reference to help us communicate with you, the first few and/or last digits only of your Credit Card number are kept by us.
For any repeat orders of Products made by you via our Sites, our Credit Card Agency securely holds your Credit Card details and provides us with a unique token that represents that particular card; this token is only valid for payment to us and this data is therefore worthless to any potential website hacker.
1.4 Cookies and IP Addresses
1.5.1. First Party Cookies
Auriga Products first party cookies contain no personally identifiable information. All personally identifiable Information on browsing, preference and purchase history, is stored in our secure website database. This information is collected for our internal purposes only and shall not be disclosed to any other organisation except as required by law.
1.5.2 Third Party Cookies
Third party cookies are cookies that pass on information on browsing and purchase activity to third party service providers. All third party data gathered by Auriga Products third party cookies is statistical information and does not personally identify any individuals.
Auriga Products primarily uses third party cookies to help us conduct website tracking and monitoring to ensure we provide our customers with the best possible shopping and web experience. We use the web analytics platform provided by Google called Google Analytics. You can read more about Google Analytics via searching online.
We will also intermittently use third party cookies to gather behavioural, browsing and demographic data. This information is used by third party partners to deliver marketing and advertising activities. This information is aggregated and contains no personally identifiable information.
1.5.3 Blocking Cookies
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are accepting the use of first and third party cookies on and by the Auriga Products websites.
Want to know more about cookies?
visit www.aboutcookies.org or other sites on the internet.
1.6 How We Use Your Data
Our primary purpose in using your data is to provide you with your order. We may analyse your data (or provide your data to agents who are contracted to supply services to us) to create a data profile to enable us to provide a better service to you. We’d love you to be among the first to receive exciting offers and news about our products. We do this in various ways including email, post, SMS and phone, but only if you would like us to. Don’t forget to visit us online, and via social media for other special offers.
- We will keep all your personal information provided by you confidential except that we may use personal information for any of the following purposes:
- We will never pass your personal details to anyone outside our business;
- Administration, general correspondence, support, profiling and processing (including personalising the Sites for your use). This means things like:
- Tips and guidance to help you get the best out of your products;
- News to help you make informed choices in the things you buy;
- Details of new products;
- Special offers;
- Or simply, to get your feedback;
- Contacting you to register your use of the Sites, to advise you of any special offers, to notify you of new features or to resolve any queries you or we may have regarding us or the Sites or their use;
- Responding to any requests or queries from you;
- Profiling you and the users of the Sites;
- Contacting you to notify you of other Products that might be of interest to you (although you can elect not to receive any of these at any time by contacting us as set out below);
- Subscribing you to our newsletters or email alerts or online surveys (although you can unsubscribe from these at any time by contacting us as set out below); and
- Responding to any requests from the police and local government law enforcements agencies.
- We’ll always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation.
Checkout Assistance Service
When you use our Sites, details of any Products that you seek to purchase and your email address may be collected as you fill in the checkout form. If you do not complete your purchase, we may contact you using a third party with these details to offer our assistance (in case, for instance, you were suffering from technical difficulties). This is an optional service. You can choose not to receive our checkout assistance emails at any time by following the link at the bottom of each assistance email.
Your Consent to Processing Data
By Law, we are required to obtain your consent to processing your data. We will assume that you have given your consent to the uses outlined above if you provide us with any data via our websites or via replies to advertisements. You can advise us that you wish to withdraw your consent by sending us an email explaining the situation to: email@example.com
Where we process or transfer your data outside of what is outlined in "How we use your data" we will ask you to provide your specific consent.
1.7 How we protect your data
The data that you have provided will remain in databases that are established in a network that is firewall protected. Firewalls exist to stop the transfer of unauthorised information to or from the network. Physical access to our servers is restricted through the use of door code security systems. Higher level user login ID and password controls are also in place to restrict access. Only a limited number of IT personnel are authorised by the IT director to access the database. We use industry standard security technology and server certification.
As a routine we carry out validation checks to help prevent fraud. No protection system is fool proof and the company cannot guarantee the total security of data or accept any liability unless a breach of security was due to our proven wilful default or negligence. Certain websites linked to our Sites may not offer the same protections as the Auriga Products Sites.
You can update your data or ask us to delete your data anytime by sending an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We promise to try to delete or update your information promptly.